Tuesday, September 17, 2013

New Projects in the Works - All About Yarn!

Today is my birthday! Mostly by chance, I happen to have the day off. It's just me and the hubby home today. So, I could really do most anything I wanted to - drag him shopping with me, go to the movies, maybe spend the afternoon at Barnes and Noble (I love bookstores) - but ever more than anything else, I wanted to be here, doing this!

I have so many projects that I have started and/or just gotten the supplies for.

My husband knows me too well and this is what I got from him today (in addition to a couple of movies) :

I am very excited about these pens! I have been wanting them since I first got the Silhouette Portrait. They are very nice quality and, best of all - they came with 10 (very nice) free sketch designs.

A much-needed dust cover for my Portrait. I love the red. It's also very good quality- a thick canvas material and solid stitching.

AND! A $25 Silhouette Online Gift Card. I can (almost) buy my entire wishlist now. :)

So, as you can see, I am going to be very busy today! I think I might design some new tags and packaging for my Etsy shop this afternoon.

I also have to tell you about the new yarn I have recently discovered. I know, I know - these have been out for awhile. I completely missed the original bandwagon. But, that doesn't make them any less awesome!


As probably most everybody already knows - Starbella is a type of variegated yarn. When it's all wound up, it looks almost like a flat 1/2" ribbon. But when you stretch it out, it looks like this:



(Thank you AC Moore Arts and Crafts for a series of really good tutorials and helpful videos!)

It's a gorgeous netting-like material that ruffles in a very unique and soft way. It is just lovely and very forgiving to work with! So check back here periodically because links, tutorials, and new projects are soon to come!


This week, I have on the agenda:

*Play with sketch pens and make new Whimsy Abode tags
*List all the items on my new scarf lineup on Etsy (Watch for a sneak peek here!)
*Develop new designs with specialty yarn (I'm experimenting with scarves, pillows, blankets, bags, rugs, and slippers!)




Also, I wanted to share this wonderful website I stumbled across:



Cutesy Crafts.com

She has a blog and shares gorgeous ideas, photos and tutorials. She also has an Etsy shop where she sells her patterns and PDF's. Most of her projects involve felt and she has given me SO many new ideas and inspiration to use up my stash of felt. (I love it, I just never know what to do with it.)




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing my site! So exciting that you started a blog and etsy shop. :)

    ReplyDelete