Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas and a wonderful story!

Merry Christmas everyone!

It has been a very busy week- but now it's time to relax and enjoy some quiet time. All the presents are wrapped, cookies are baked (and delivered!), and packages are mailed. I think we will kick back, throw on some Christmas shows (maybe How the Grinch Stole Christmas- the classic one, of course) and drink some peppermint hot chocolate. Yum!

But first, I wanted to share this e-mail that Sol from Oslo, Norway sent me. It was my very first international order (placed about a month ago now). A few days ago, I got this wonderful e-mail, with approval for sharing. :)

"Hi Kristina,

Some words from Oslo, Norway and your first international shipment!

I ordered your gold scarf as a fun surprise for my mother at my parents' gold wedding (my father got a gold tie). :-)

Apart from being a fun present, we all loved the scarf -- soft and elegant, and my 71-year old mother is definitely going to use it again for parties.

(Why not produce scarves and ties for gold and silver weddings -- perhaps someone will search for it, like I did?)

My parents married in Trondheim, Norway on the 14th of December 1963 and they celebrated their gold wedding there with children and grandchildren. A lovely day!

Attached you will find a picture of the gold bride! :-)

Thank you for a very pleasant transaction and the nice card which followed it.

All the best for you and your shop,
and best wishes for a merry Xmas to you
from Sol  Emoji"






The story just made my week. I absolutely love the photo and the idea that my scarf was a part of something so wonderful.  I think she looks so beautiful and simply glows. :)

It is always exciting sending an order out in the mail. It's fun sending items across the country, but for some reason, it is extra special when I get to ship something internationally. It's like a part of me gets to travel all over the world. :) And, it's stories like this that remind me of that. 

Thank you, Sol!

Merry Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment